SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Motor Vehicle Collision Reconstruction
- Simulation and Visualization of Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Driver Perception and Response Issues
- Nighttime Visibility by Drivers
- Restraint System Usage and Effectiveness Assessment
- Collisions Involving Trains
- Vehicle Data Module Interrogation and Analysis
- Recreational Equipment Function and Failure
- Investigation of Incidents Involving Mechanical Factors
Master of Engineering, University of Western Ontario, expected completion 2012
Bachelor of Engineering Science (Mechanical), University of Western Ontario, 1999
- Collision Data Retrieval (CDR, Black box Interrogation) Certification Courses, 2011, Toronto, 2006, Atlanta
- Human Factors and Explicit Road Safety, Toronto, 2011
- National Crash Analysis Conference – National Crash Analysis Center, Virginia, 2010
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists, Combined Annual Conference, Maryland, 2009
- Bendix Air Brake Product School, Maryland, 2009.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress, Detroit, 2005 - 2009
- Pre-Start Health and Safety Review, EPIC, Mississauga, 2009
- PC Crash 8.1 Advanced Workshop, Toronto, 2009
- Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists 2007 Annual Conference, Alymer, 2007
- Second International Conference on Engineering Failure Analysis, Toronto, 2006
- Injury, Anatomy, Biomechanics and Federal Regulations Seminar, Society of Automotive Engineers, Troy, 2006
- Auto Structural Response to Occupant Simulation in Crash, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, 2005
- Vehicle Accident Reconstruction Methods Seminar, Society of Automotive Engineers, Troy, 2005
Giffin Koerth Inc.
Senior Forensic Engineer
2012 – Present, Toronto, ON
- Conducting technical investigations involving motor vehicle collision reconstruction, defects in vehicle components and mechanical equipment, failures involving engineering factors, and human factors related to vehicle collisions
Arcon Engineering Consultants Ltd.
Senior Forensic Engineer
2004 – 2012, Toronto, ON
Conducted technical investigations and reconstructed collisions involving various types of vehicles, assessed various aspects of human factors as they relate to vehicle collisions, investigated and reconstructed failures involving mechanical engineering factors, and provided expert testimony regarding motor vehicle collisions reconstruction.
Plastcoat, Division of Decoma Ltd.
2004, Mississauga, ON
Responsible for coordination and problem resolution related to the launching of new products.
Ford Motor Company of Canada Ltd.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
2001 - 2003, Oakville, ON
Investigation and resolution of dimensional issues relating to the vehicle body structure. Supervision of skilled trades ensuring that all work was carried out in accordance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
Body Shop Supervisor
2000 - 2001, Oakville, ON
1999 - 2000, Oakville, ON
Hudson Boat Works
1998 – 1999, London, ON
Design of structures using composite materials and commissioning of computer assisted manufacturing equipment.
Quebec North Short and Labrador Railway
1997 – 1998, Sept-Iles, QC
Summer student responsible for analysis of track wear and condition monitoring, as well as scheduling of Maintenance-of-Way equipment and track repairs
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES / ASSOCIATIONS
- Professional Engineers Ontario
• Professional Engineer Designation, 2004
- Member, Forensic Engineering Subcommittee
• ASTM International – Standards Worldwide
• Member of committees E58 on Forensic Engineering, F08 on Sports Equipment and Facilities, and F27 on Snow Skiing.
- Canadian Association of Technical Accident Investigators and Reconstructionists
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- "Technologies and Techniques for Collision Reconstruction", Jevco Insurance (Mississauga), Economical Insurance (Kitchener, Hamilton, and Toronto), Intact Insurance, London, 2011
- Seminar Leader for “Engineering Strategies and Practice”, University of Toronto Faculty of Engineering, 2011